It’s summertime in the Carolina’s and school is out for the kids, which means it’s time to start thinking about ideas for a vacation! One thing that’s great about the Carolinas is that you don’t have to leave out of state to have a weekend getaway. A visit to a resort close to home is always a viable option and can be just as fun as traveling long distances. In North and South Carolina, there’s a wide range of amazing places to visit for a nice weekend vacation with the family. If you’re interested, read more to find out three great places you can visit in the Carolina’s.
Myrtle Beach is one of the most popular beach resorts in the Carolinas. Stretching across 60 miles with 14 different communities, you’ll hardly ever run out of fun activities to do at this gorgeous summer spot. The beach itself is always the main attraction, but there are plenty of other things to do as well. For instance, there are breweries, seafood restaurants, water parks, and golf courses that are all worth visiting if you want to get the full Myrtle Beach experience. Near the center of the beach, you’ll find loads of these attractions that are not too far from each other. Here’s a layout for a fun weekend Getaway!
- After arriving at your hotel or beach house in the afternoon, have a drink at Hook & Barrel for happy hour from 4 pm to 6pm.
- Go out to eat at one of the local restaurants RipTydz rooftop bar.
- After dining, go out on an evening stroll on the beach before heading back home to end the day.
- Wake up with coffee and breakfast at Rainbow Cafe before heading to….
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Myrtle Beach (Opens at 9am)
- After a long day of watching the sea creatures head to Simply Southern Smokehouse or TBenz Gill and Grill for lunch.
- Next you can head over to the Grand Prix for go-karting or head home and relax before going out to eat
- Check out Villa Romana Italian restaurant for dinner and try their exquisite pastas
- Wake up and grab breakfast before heading to the beach for the day!
- Grab lunch on your way home but not before stopping to grab a souvenir or T-shirt at Tiki Jim’s of Broadway at the Beach
If you’re interested in a more urban-style vibe as an idea for a vacation, then Raleigh is an excellent choice for you. Raleigh is ranked in the top ten best places to visit in the Carolinas. The city is the perfect weekend getaway! It is Surrounded by amusement parks, museums, attractions, and high-rated restaurants. It is also known as the Research Triangle because it has a variety of universities and technology institutions around it, this also goes for the other cities of Durham and Chapel Hill. For more information on what to do in Raleigh for a possible vacation, check out this itinerary here.
- Check into your Hotel and head over to amusements in Pullen Park!
- Grab some lunch at the Parkside Restaurant and try their Parkside Burger
- Rent bikes at The Bike Guy and go riding and sightseeing at Neuse River Trail.
- After a long day of biking you will want to head over to Gravy for some delicious Italian food. Don’t leave without grabbing a cannoli… you deserve it!
- Start off the day by getting breakfast and coffee at Sir Walter Coffee
- Head over to the Raleigh City Market for some cute shop, great food & drinks! Stop by any of the amazing restaurants for lunch but don’t forget to grab some ice cream from Treat
- Head home to get ready for a nice dinner at Death and Taxes where you will find new American cuisine in an intimate, swanky setting with an open kitchen
- Wake for breakfast and get ready to pack.
- Pack a lunch and go hiking at William B Umstead State Park.
- Don’t forget to take a tour of the North Carolina State Capitol Building before heading back home!
Charleston is a great place to visit, filled with old and new historical landmarks and tourist attractions, while also establishing great restaurants and fun shopping centers. This memorable town has been regarded as one of the best places to possibly visit in the Carolinas. It’s also home to multiple beach towns for those who may prefer a mix of coastal and city life. Take a look here if you are looking for things to in Charleston for a weekend getaway!
- Get settled in at your hotel and take one of Charleston’s walking tours. Starts at 10.
- After the tour, grab some lunch and drinks at Magnolias.
- Take a look down Rainbow Row for some historical sightseeing.
- Head to Hall’s Chophouse for a nice steak for dinner.
- Start the next day with a fun visit to the Isle of Palms for beach time.
- Head back to downtown Charleston for lunch at Miller’s All Day where you will find an amazing brunch menu…. (they serve brunch all day!)
- Visit the Charleston City Market and shop the small vendors
- Finish off the day by heading to High Cotton Charleston Restaurant for some Low Country food!
- Wake up and head to Another Broken Egg Cafe for breakfast to start the day
- Take a tour of the Charleston Museum on your last day
- Grab some lunch and drinks before hitting the road at city favorite, Poogan’s Porch!
The Carolinas have plenty of fun and interesting places to visit for a weekend trip with the family. Whether you plan on traveling out of state or going local, it’s always fun to consider your options and plan out where to go next. If you are interested in learning more about Fairway and mortgages, Be sure to also check out our website for more information as well as some other helpful blogs.